Technical Problem Solving
Issue: When I log onto the portal, the link is not working.
Answer: The first item to do is check the browser. Moodle, the platform for Pyramid Online Learning, does not support Internet Explorer. Moodle recommends using Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, or Safari. If you still cannot open
the link to www.pyramidonlinelearning.com, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “technical issues” in the subject line. In the email please also state
what browser and device you are using. If possible, please take a screenshot of the error message. Please allow 3 business days for someone to get in contact with you.
Question: How much does each course cost?
Answer: Please visit the course you are interested in taking. The price for each course is listed on the information page.
Question: What payment options are there?
Answer: For each course, you will find a link to pay via PayPal®. If you have any issues with payment, please email email@example.com with "portal payment issues" in the subject
Question: I would like to pay for someone to take one of your
workshops online. How do I register that person and pay with my work
Answer: There are 2 options:
- The person taking the
course (attendee) creates an account prior to enrolling in a course. The
person paying (payer), can log into the attendee’s account, enroll in the
course, and complete the payment.
- The payer creates an
account in the attendee’s name, enrolls in the course, and completes the
payment. The payer will then provide the attendee with the information to log-in and access the course.
If you have any issues with payment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with "portal payment issues" in the subject line.
If you have questions please email email@example.com.
Issue: I tried to upload a video and received an error message.
- Watch this video to make sure all steps were followed.
- Check the size of the video; it should be 700MB or smaller.
- To check the video size: When checking the size of the video using a PC, right-click, go to “properties” and look at the “size” of the video. When checking the size of the video using a smartphone or tablet, please check the instructions for these devices as there is not a standard location across different manufacturers.
- If the file is larger than 700MB, check to see if there are any items that can be edited out. You can also compress the file. There are numerous links and videos on the internet on how to do this.
- If you are still having issues, you can upload the video to an online cloud service of your choice. Please email your assigned PECS Supervisor and send a message via the portal or an email with the link and other information that will be helpful for them to access the requirements.
- If issues are still occurring, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “technical issues” in the subject line. Please allow 3 business days for someone to get in contact with you.
Issue: I uploaded a video by mistake and want to upload a new video, but I received an error message.
Answer: Please email email@example.com with “technical issues” in the subject line. We will need to reset the assignment guidelines. Please allow 3 business days for this to be completed.
If you have further questions about our PECS Certification Program, you can find a FAQ here.