Pyramid Journal Club
REGISTERED USERS HAVE UP TO 12 WEEKS TO COMPLETE THE COURSE FROM THE DATE REGISTERED. After 12 weeks from the date of registration, the registered user's account becomes inactive if the course has not been completed.
Title of Journal Article: Promoting Functional Communication Within the Home
Author(s): Andy Bondy PhD, Catherine Horton MS, CCC-SLP, BCBA, Lori Frost MS, CCC-SLP
Date of Live Discussion: Tuesday, November 30th at 7:00pm EST (NYC Time). Zoom meeting link will be provided upon course registration.
Functional communication skills are essential for all learners and must be promoted within all environments, including the home. This article focuses on assisting caregivers to teach functional communication skills. Participants will review the full article and complete a sample Critical Communication Skills Checklist for one learner. A 90-minute meeting session with the authors of the article will allow time to further explore the concepts included in the paper, as well as respond to any participant questions. After the discussion, a short quiz related to the content of the article will be completed on the Pyramid Online Learning Portal. Upon completion of all requirements, participants will receive a certificate and are eligible for 3.0 BACB® CEUs or 3.0 IBAO™ CEUs.
- Article Review - 35 minutes
- Activity: Complete Sample of Critical Communication Skills Checklist - 30 minutes
- Discussion Meeting Time - 90 minutes
- Test - 25 minutes
- Identify nine critical communication skills for implementation in the home setting
- Define ways to assist caregivers to identify functions of challenging behaviors
- Identify strategies to assist caregivers to prioritize teaching receptive and expressive communication replacements to challenging behaviors
- Identify strategies to help caregivers implement priority communication skills throughout the day
THIS COURSE TAKES APPROXIMATELY 3.0 HOURS TO COMPLETE.
Price/fee: 44.99 USD/personBACB CEUs: 3.0
IBAO CEUs: 3.0